This may sound really odd but this is an absolutely amazing way to utilise a whole broccoli! Not only that but it’s quick and simple to make and children devour it too!
Serves 2-4 (please check the syns of ingredients with these symbols,if you follow slimming world, as brands will vary)
300g pasta (any shape apart from spaghetti works well for this)
1 whole broccoli head (grated or processed till the size of rice)
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp Parmesan
2 large cloves garlic smashed
Zest 1 lemon
1 tbsp quark or Low Fat yogurt
Salt and pepper
1. In a frying pan heat your oil with the garlic and lemon zest.
2. Meanwhile in another pot cook your pasta according to instructions minus 3 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli to the garlic,lemon oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir fry until darkens.
4. Add some of the pasta water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Using a pasta scoop of slotted spoon move the pasta from the water straight to the broccoli.
6. Stir and coat in the broccoli mix using some of the pasta water if you need it then remove from the heat and stir through the Parmesan and yogurt.
I hope you give it a try as there really is nothing like it!
Love Emily x