I haven’t been feeling all that good so, I have been giving into my cravings, this is based on an old recipe from an Italian recipe book and it really hits the spot!
25g blue cheese of your choice (mine came out as 4 syns but double check your syns as brands will vary)
1 clove garlic
200ml skim milk (hea or 1.5 syn per 100ml roughly – again double check)
half mug peas
mug of pasta
- Cook the pasta according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a pan soften the shallot and garlic with a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add the ham, milk and blue cheese and stir until melted.
- Drain your pasta saving some of the water.
- Add your peas into the sauce and once defrosted stir through your pasta until the sauce starts to coat it nicely.
- If you need to add a little of the pasta water (the pasta water has starch in from the pasta and helps to naturally thicken the sauce and also helps it to adhere to the pasta!)
This is beautiful, on its own, with freshly cooked veggies such as carrots and broccoli or also goes well with a side salad, I hope you give this a go as it is super simple to make. (almost an adult version of a carbonara)
Love Emily x