Not quite a pasta salad but I have a few friends that are vegan and really you can’t get much easier than this recipe, it’s Light and summery, I love it with broccoli as it goes so well with the garlic and lemon in the sauce!
1 tbsp olive oil*
Zest and juice if 1 lemon
200g baby tomatoes (left whole or cut how you wish)
2 Big handful of rocket
Handful of torn basil
2 large garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start cooking the pasta according to instructions (leave 2-3 minutes of the cooking time as we will finish it off in the sauce)
2. Over a low heat add the plive oil, lemon zest and the garlic cloves (give them a smash first to release their oils).
3. When the garlic aroma is released add the lemon juice and let simmer.
4. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water and the tomatoes to the sauce before draining the pasta.
5. Add the pasta and torn basil to the sauce stirring till the sauce coats the pasta.
6. Remove from the heat and stir through the rocket before serving.
*synned if not used for your HEB please check the syns!
If you’re not vegan add a few tablespoons of Parmesan to make this light dish extra decadent!
Love Emily x