I basically used the same recipe that nick and I used for his BBQ bake but a few tweaks! smoky, juicy, a thick BBQ style gravy, what’s not to like? Piled on rice with a side of salad and you can’t go wrong!
1kg piece of pork shoulder (as much visible fat that you can get off as possible, yes I know this is sad but, the greasiness of the pork fat turns the fresh and deep-tasting flavour of the bbq pork into a greasy unpleasant pork lip balm!)
tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp mustard powder, garlic and onion granules/powder, thyme and chilli powder
1 tsp salt and pepper
sweetener to taste (or sugar but check your syns!)
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 can tomatoes
2 large onions and red peppers (sliced)
- mix together all of the dry spices.
- cut the pork into 3 pieces and lightly rub in some of the dry seasoning mix.
- sear the pork and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the onions and pepper to the pork pan and stir and toss until they soften slightly.
- Add the tomato puree, rest of the seasoning and tinned tomatoes and stir until the tomato puree is distributed.
- Pour the tomato mix over the pork and cook on low for 8 hours (or overnight like I did!)
I served mine with rice, salad, coleslaw and the rest of my healthy extra A of cheese. I will be uploading the slimming world pizza recipe soon! (and if I am right this is extra easy SP friendly)
Love Emily x