Onion rings?! I hear you saying that skeptical of how high the syn value will be and for the whole batch it is 5 syns! That’s for 2 huge onions or 5 small onions!
2 large onions
3 tbsp zero fat Greek yogurt
300 ml water
Salt and pepper
5 tbsp cornflour*
Frylight or other syn free or low cal cooking spray
1. Slice the onions however you like.
2. Mix together the yogurt, generous pinch of salt and pepper (sometimes I add herbs and spices too) and water in a bowl with the egg, whisk well and add the onion coating them in the wet mix.
3. Mix the cornflour together with a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a large sand which bag.
4. Lift the onions from the wet mix and put into the sandwich bag with the flour mix.
5. Shake well to coat in the cornflour.
6. Spread on a baking try in one layer(if you can) and spray all over with the low calorie spray.
7. Bake at 200 oC for 15 minutes, flip and spray again and bake till golden.
We are having ours pub style tonight with hunters chicken (chicken smothered in BBQ sauce and melted bubbly cheese) , salad, Sw chips and sweet potato fries. I have a hunters chicken recipe if you’re interested, just search chicken or hunters chicken on my blog!
*Please double check your syns on these ingredients as brands will differ
Love Emily x