Sounds too good to be true right? Ok you use a syn or two for chorizo but it’s so worth it!
Serves 6 people *3 syns if not using cheese towards your HEA
2 large peppers and onions (finely diced)
Slices of chorizo (slices thin, I use Tesco own) or finely chopped 60g of chorizo
1 large clove garlic and 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika and 1 heaped tbsp tomato purée
Salt and pepper
1 tin chopped tomatoes + half tin of water
80g reduced Fat Cheddar (12 syns or count as part of HEA)
1. On a medium heat in a large frying pan add your chorizo to let the fat come out.
2. Add your peppers and onion and a generous pinch of salt and pepper (sometimes I like adding a pinch of chilli flakes)
3. When the onions and peppers have softened add the garlic and paprika and stir until fragrant then add the tomatoes, tomato purée and water and stir.
4.Cook your pasta for 3 minutes less than the packet says and drain.
5. Taste the sauce for seasoning and add more seasoning if you need it then stir through the pasta and transfer to a baking dish.
6. Top with the cheese and at this point you could leave to cool and refrigerate for up to 5 days, or bake at 180 oC for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
I served mine with a salad as it adds a freshness and as for the leftovers, they are even better!
*please double check your syns
Love Emily x