I got challenged by a lady in my slimming world group to make a slimming world version of the buzz feed recipe of the Tuscan chicken pasta. This is my version but is just as delicious!
Serves 2 at 2 syns each unless you use the Parmesan for part of your HEA
1 shallot or small red onion (finely diced)
2 chicken thighs. (Bitsize pieces)
3 smoked bacon medallions (small chunks)
100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
Bunch of fresh basil (roughly chopped)
1 large tomato (grated)
1 large garlic clove (grated)
2 tbsp each of grated Parmesan and elmlea single cream
Salt and pepper
Huge handful of rocket (you can use spinach if you like but I don’t feel that it imparts any flavour)
1. Boil the spaghetti until al debate (save some of the pasta water).
2. Meanwhile fry the bacon until crisp and add the chicken and onion.
3. When the chicken is half cooked add the grated tomato and garlic and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
4. When you can smell the garlic add the tomatoes, cream and a generous splash of the reserved pasta water.
5. Add the basil, Parmesan and taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if you need it.
6. Add the pasta and stir through the sauce until it coats the pasta.
7. Remove from the heat and either stir through the rocket or you can top the rocket on top of the separate bowls.
I hope you give this a try as my dad has said this is one of the best slimming world meals I’ve ever made! Thank you Mary!
Love Emily x