Sometimes we don’t all have time to slave over a stove so here is my 20 minute version of the classic beef bourgignon!
250g extra lean beef mince
250g chestnut mushrooms (quartered)
1 large onion, celery stick and carrot (diced)
1 tin tomatoes + 1tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp oregano, basil and rosemary (dried)
1 large clove garlic
Salt and pepper
1 red wine stock pot and 1 beef stock pot
2 rashers bacon, diced
1. Fry the bacon and mince until crisp.
2. Add the vegetables, garlic and herbs and stir fry until the onion softens a little.
3. add the stock pots, tomato purée and tinned tomatoes and stir until the stock pots dissolve.
4. Add 300ml water and let simmer until the vegetables are soft.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with spaghetti or over mashed potato. Full of flavour and no syns!
Love Emily x