Whoever has done slimming world knows that the slimming world quiche sounds appealing until you actually realise it is just a baked frittata! For me a quiche needs a crust and inspired from a recipe I saw where a woman used spiralized courgette for a crust, I mixed mine with potato and carrot as well, so there is some form of carb feeling and it helps to get the crust crisper! (i am still yet to get a good photo of this so bare with me!)
1 large potato, carrot and courgette
150g 0% fat cottage cheese
salt and pepper
6 large eggs
1 large white onion ( diced)
1 large leek (cleaned and sliced)
4 medallions smoked bacon (finely diced – if you are vegetarian leave this out obviously!)
ideally a 6 or 8 inch round pan (a cake pan works well)
- Preheat the oven to 200oC then, grate the carrot, potato and courgette into a bowl and season with salt and pepper, stir and leave for 10 minutes.
- while the veggies sit, add the bacon to a pan and crisp up then add the leeks and onions and stir fry until soft.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the potato, courgette and carrot and press into the pan of your choice and bake for 15 minutes or until starting to go brown.
- Lay the onion, leek mixture into the pan onto of the crust evenly.
- Blend the cottage cheese with the eggs and pour the mixture over the fillings in the crust of the quiche.
- Turn the oven down to 160oC and bake for 30 minutes – 40 minutes until set.
I hope you guys give this try as it’s different to just having the usual slimming world quiche.
Love Emily x