At this time of year there is always whole ducks available. It is just the task of cooking the duck that everyone panics about as well, how often do you cook a whole duck?! This is my fool proof recipe.
1 whole defrosted duck
Cucumber and Spring Onion
Pancakes (you can buy these in most supermarkets near the duck meat or in the Chinese food isle) optionally you can serve with rice
1. Print the duck all over with a fork or knife.
2. Add the duck to a large pan of boiling water and boil for 1 hour.
3. While the duck is boiling, preheat the oven to 200 oC.
4. Remove the duck from the water and pat all over with paper towels until the skin is dry.
5. Place on a wire rack over a large tray and bake for 45 minutes or until crisp and a deep golden brown colour.
You should be able to shred all of the meat off the duck with 2 forks.
Love Emily x