This is a good way to use up leftover beef or a brilliant way to use minute flash fry steaks and make it go a long way! This is a firm favourite in our household and not only from the takeaway! It could not be easier or faster to make!
400g Beef steak as thinly sliced as possible (try freezing for 10 minutes before slicing)
4 large spring onions (washed and trimmed into 1-inch pieces, the white cut in half)
1 grated clove garlic, 1/2 tsp grated ginger
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (check syns as they range from 1 syn -3 syns per brand)
1tbsp soy sauce + 3 tbsp water
3tbsp cornflour (1 syn per tbsp so 3 syns)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large white onion (cut in half and in 4 cm slices)
- start getting a pan hot on the hob.
- meanwhile, in a bowl mix the sweet chilli with the soy sauce and water and half a tsp of the cornflour.
- Add the slices of beef to a sandwich bag with the rest of the cornflour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and pepper, twist the bag and shake for 30 seconds to coat in the cornflour.
- spray the hot pan with cooking spray and lay the beef in one layer across the pan and leave for 30 seconds DO NOT be tempted to touch it!
- Turn and leave for a further 30 seconds and add the spring and white onion along with eh garlic and ginger.
- toss and cook for a further minute tossing every so often.
- Add the sauce mix and toss coating the beef in the chilli mix (you can always add some finely chopped chilli to make it spicier)
I suggest serving with rice and my recipe for garlic greens (recipe link underneath) or some other stir fried veggie!
I hope you guys give this a try as it really is a delicious and comforting dinner or part of a Chinese feast slimming world or not (and not to mention a fraction of the price)
Love Emily x