Easy, family friendly, low syn, packed full of flavour and vegetarian!
Serves 4-6 (4 people would be 2 syns 6 would be 1 1/4)
2 onion & 2 cloves garlic finely diced,
250g frozen thawed spinach
2 tins tomatoes
400g pasta shapes
1 tsp oregano, dried basil and generous pinch salt and pepper
150g low fat cottage cheese
50g reduced Fat Cheddar (8 syns total)
1. Pre boil your pasta for 5 minutes.
2. Squeeze all the liquid from the spinach and blend in a processor with the cottage cheese, a generous pinch of salt and pepper until the spinach is finely chopped.
3. In the pot you cooked the pasta in fry the onion and garlic until soft and mix with the tomatoes, a generous pinch of salt and pepper, oregano and basil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and stir through the pasta and the spinach mixture, place in a baking dish.
( at this stage you could cool md refrigerate for up to 3 days or cover and freeze for up to 3 months)
5. Top with the cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180oC
Love Emily x