- A lot of meals are ones I just chuck together and this was one of those good ones! Smokey, packed of veg and totally comforting. Inspired by my boyfriends favourite pizza with a BBQ base and meatballs, peppers and onions.(and sometimes jalapeños)
Serves 6 people (good as a batch cook for work meal)
1 red and green pepper and 1 large onion finely chopped
1 pack slimming world meatballs chopped in half
2 grated carrots
1 grated clove garlic
1 tin tomatoes
1 tbsp each balsamic vinegar
1tsp smoked paprika
350g pasta shapes
1. Put your pasta on to cook in seasoned boiling water.
2. Meanwhile fry your onions and peppers until they start to soften.
3. Add your garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients apart from the peas. Stir gently and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add in your cooked pasta and peas and stir until the sauce coats the pasta.
This is nice on its own or topped with cheese and placed in a hot oven until golden and bubbly.
Love Emily x