700g stewing beef,
2 white onions (in rough chunks),
3 large carrots peeled and in chunks,
1 small swede (peeled and in bite size chunks)
1 red wine stock pot and beef stock cube with 700 ml hot water,
2 twigs of thyme and rosemary,
2 level tbsp plain flour (2 syn per tbsp)
400g new potatoes in half,
Salt and pepper
1. Coat the beef in 1 tbsp flour and a generous pinch of the salt.
2. Sear the meat and add to the slow cooker.
3. Fry the onion in the same pan until it starts to soften then add the rest of the flour and cook for 3-5 minutes then add the stock and stir cooking for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker including the onion in stock.
5. Cook for 4-6 hours on high or overnight on low.
This stew is brilliant as leftovers or good for a batch cook to put in the freezer.
Love Emily x