Sometimes there isn’t anything as comforting as your favourite takeaway dish, sometimes that isn’t always possible, especially if you’re watching your waistline! This dish is a crowd pleaser and perfect for leftovers!
Serves 2 as a main or about 4-6 as a side
100g any meat (prawns, ham, chicken or a mix)
Half mug of peas
2 large spring onions finely shredded
1 large egg
250g cooked and cooked or prepackaged plain rice
1tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil (1syn if following sw depending on brand but always check!)
Generous pinch salt and pepper
1. Fry your meat until heated through.
2. Add your peas, spring onions and rice and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
3. Move the rice aside and crack in the egg.
4. Generously season with salt and pepper, lightly scramble the egg and mix it through the rice.
5. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
I hope you give this a try, I know you’re thinking sesame oil? But it makes it taste like the real takeaway
Love Emily x