This fresh and easy to make pasta is delicious on its own as the main event or alongside some fresh firm fish or chicken. The whole family will be wanting more. Better yet use seasonal veg that you can get as cheap as chips from the market! (your local market sell seasonal, fresh veggies and fruit that last a lot longer than shop bought items and are extremely budget friendly. veggies and fruit from our local market feed our family of 7 for a good week and a half to 2 weeks for £20!)
500g pasta (spaghetti, pappardelle or tagliatelle is brilliant for this)
2 cloves garlic, salt and pepper
30g basil, handful of other mixed herbs (parsley, rosemary, dill)
1 medium courgette, halved and sliced 1cm pieces
100g green beans, trimmed
100g broccoli, trimmed and in small florets
1 thinly sliced white onion
1 mug of frozen peas
(if you can get them 100g asparagus 100g in half inch pieces)
4 tbsp parmesan, 1 tbsp olive oil(if slimming world Parmesan 1 syn per tbsp and 3syns for oil but double check your syns)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add your pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking blend the herbs together into a paste with the parmesan.
- Halfway through the pasta’s cooking time (according to the packet) Add in the broccoli, green beans and asparagus.
- Mean while heat the olive oil in a pan with the garlic, add in the onions and courgette and stir fry (when the onion is nearly translucent add the peas)
- Reserve some of the pasta water and drain.
- Toss the pasta with the fried courgette mix and add the herb mix along with some of the pasta water.
- Toss to combine and serve.
It looks like a lot of steps but it really is an easy dish.