This make ahead dish is delicious but is oh so easy to make and very comforting for the cool evenings and is even better the next day for lunch!
1 large onion (finely diced),
1 red and yellow pepper (finely diced)
80 g finely chopped chorizo ( if following slimming world this is 2 syns per serving depends on which chorizo you use so double check!)
4 large chicken thighs or 2 large chicken breasts (in bite size pieces)
2tbsp of tomato puree(mixed into the stock)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 large clove garlic grated
400g Risotto style rice
Half mug of peas
800ml vegetable stock
Parsley and lemon to finish
1. In a large frying pan add some cooking spray and add the chorizo.
2. When the chorizo releases its oil and starts to crisp add the chicken and stir to coat in the oil.
3. When the chicken is seated on the outside add the onion and peppers and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Stir fry until softened.
4. Add the garlic and smoked paprika and stir fry until the garlic starts to release its fragrance.
5. Add the rice and stir through the chicken and vegetables cooking for 5-10 minutes so the rice toasts slightly.
6. Add the stock and squeeze of lemon, cook for 20 minutes occasionally stirring.
7. Once all the liquid is absorbed add the peas and some of the parsley and transfer to an oven proof dish and cover until you’re ready to cook the dish.
8. When you’re ready preheat the oven to 180oC and bake for 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley and lemon wedges.
Delicious with salad or freshly steamed veggies or completely on its own curled up under a blanket!
You don’t have to bake the rice it is just an option if you’re making this ahead for the evening or the next day!
Love Emily x