The weather is grim, the days are getting shorter, it feels a lot cooler, I feel like i have a cold coming so we are having chicken.. stew/casserole/soup? for dinner. Really comforting, filling and hits the spot.
6 larges chicken thighs (skin removed)
1 large onion (medium dice)
3 large carrots (peeled and big chunks)
Half a small swede (medium chunks)
1 large garlic clove (crushed)
1 tsp oregano and half tsp each dry thyme and rosemary
100g small cut pasta
1 chicken stock cube
(like i said, very filling)
- Roast the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes at 180oC.
- While the chicken is cooking in a large casserole pot (or fry in a pan and add to a slow cooker) add the onion and cook down until the onions colour a little.
- Add the garlic and herbs and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and cook until the herbs become fragrant.
- Add the carrots and swede and Chicken(skin removed), water, stock cubes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove the chicken, shred and add back to the soup.
- Add the pasta and cook for 10 more minutes.
This is such a good dish that the whole family love. Not to mention syn free on slimming world!
Love Emily x