Okay so it isn’t extremely creamy like you get from the Indian takeaway but is still full of wonderful flavours and is just something different from a tikka massala or balti and is vegetarian friendly!
This will serve 2 people rather generously as a main curry or 4-6 people as a side to a normal curry!
100g paneer cheese
250g frozen spinach (i use Taj as it is already chopped, if yours isn’t chopped let it defrost and chop finely)
1 small white onion (finely chopped)
2 medium tomatoes (roughly chopped)
1 heaped tsp of mild curry powder, fresh grated ginger and garlic
1/2 tsp each of cumin, ground coriander, mustard seeds, salt and pepper
1/4 tsp cardamom pods/ground cardamom
- In a frying pan sear the cheese so it gets a little colour then set aside.
- Meanwhile in a medium pot spray with cooking spray and fry your onions until they start to soften.
- Once the onions are soft add in your garlic and ginger and cook until they become fragrant.
- Add in your spices and tomatoes and cook down until the tomatoes disintegrate (10 minutes)
- Add in your frozen spinach and milk.
- Cook down until almost all of the milk is evaporated.
- Add in the paneer and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.Love Emily x