Here is my version of kimchi, okay so it’s not traditional but it’s brilliant all the same! Fresh, crisp, savoury what’s not to like?
You will a couple of large seal proof jars!
1 large Chinese cabbage in chunks
5spring onions halved
2tbsp grated garlic and ginger
1/4 cup fish sauce
2tbsp sesame oil
7 heaped spoons Korean kimchi flakes.
1. Wash the spring onions and cabbage and coat them liberally with salt.
2. Leave for a minimum of 2 hours.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
4. Drain and squeeze out all liquid from the cabbage and rinse off the salt.
5. Mix into the red pepper mixture and massage squeezing it.
6. Put into jars pushing out as much air as possible and pour over any remaining liquid.
7. Seal and leave in a dark place for at least 2 days before eating.
Love Emily x