Sounds odd doesn’t it? But these ‘salad’ dishes can also double up as soups!
Asian style veggie salad: 1 tsp miso paste, 1tbsp soy sauce, pinch granulated garlic, 1/2 tsp grated ginger. 1 portion cooked and cooled rice noodles. 1 shredded carrot, 3 tbsp edamame beans, 1/3 shredded red pepper,1 thinly shredded spring onion, Lettuce to top off.
- In the bottom of your jar add the miso, soy, garlic and ginger.
- Add your grated carrot, edamame beans and red pepper.
- Add in your noodles then your spring onion.
- (If you are making this as a soup do not add the lettuce. Alternatively you could top with some beansprouts!) Top with the lettuce.
If having as a salad you are ready to go and eat straight away otherwise pour over boiling water, give it a stir, cover with a lid for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
Italian salad: 5 chopped cherry tomatoes (if doing a soup use 3 tbsp tinned tomatoes), 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar,pinch oregano, salt, pepper and garlic, shredded basil, 1 shredded carrot, 100g small cut cooked pasta, 1/2 red onion finely shredded, 1/2 finely chopped red pepper, handful baby spinach.
- Add the balsamic, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in the bottom.
- Add in the onion,carrot and pepper.
- The pasta.
- Then the spinach and basil.
Again if having as a salad you are ready to eat otherwise add in your hot water, give it a stir, put on the lid and leave for 2 minutes before eating.
Love Emily x