Here they are, the mother of all goodness in a bite! I didn’t use to like sweet potato until on my second date with my now boyfriend, he offered me a sweet potato fry. Hmm.. okay i will try them and well, I just had to recreate it at home so i could have them all the time! The key is (I think) a chip mesh. You can buy them in pound stores, supermarkets, all places. They look like squares of mesh that you lay on a cooking rack so the hot air in the oven cuddles the chips/fries and makes them nice and crisp!
1 large sweet potato
seasoning of your choice (i usually go with salt or a season all which is usually garlic and paprika based)
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into finger thickness fries/chips.
- spray with cooking spray and toss them in your seasoning of choice.
- Lay on the chip mesh (or baking tray).
- Bake for 30 minutes. (if using a tray, toss half way through to get even crispness)
That is it! not even a recipe really is it? I also use this method for my slimming world chips but usually soak my potato fries in water to release extra starch before baking.
I hope you give this a go as really they are so moreish and crisp and fluffy and delicious.. I think I am going to make some now for my lunch!
Love Emily x