This is a more complex recipe for tomato soup but i currently have an abundance of freshly grown tomatoes! This is me just logging a quick recipe.
1kg fresh tomatoes (Rough chunks or whole if they are smaller! If they are larger try to get the seeds out!)
1 large red onion (whole)
1 bulb garlic (chopped in half)
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Toss the tomatoes in some olive oil spray or low cal spray and the balsamic vinegar and place on a baking tray and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place on a try with the garlic and onion and bake at 180oC
- In a large soup pot add the tomatoes and squeeze in the roasted garlic and onion.
- Add in just enough water to only just cover the tomatoes and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup (and you can strain the soup if you wish to remove the bitter pips)
This soup is also nice with some shredded basil and a sprinkle or oregano.
Love Emily x