For me burgers have to be juicy and full of all the trimmings! Cheese, iceberg lettuce or shredded cabbage, gherkins some diced onion burger sauce or whatever your best sauce is these burgers always hit the spot. This is only the recipe for the burger patties and the best way to cook them, obviously you can serve them in or out of buns, on a salad, with chips.. the possibilities are endless. (i don’t have pictures as burgers are not the prettiest thing to take a picture off! you may find one on my instagram though at https://www.instagram.com/chefwhoslims/ )
This will make four good sized patties or 6 smaller patties
500g extra lean lamb mince
1tsp mustard powder, 1/2 tsp garlic granules mixed with 2 tbsp water
1tbsp light or extra light mayo
salt, pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
1 onion finely diced, fried till caramelised and cooled.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
- Split into however many patties you want to make, shape them into a rough circle and slap the patties onto a plate, that’s right slap them onto the plate!, pick it up, flip it over and repeat.
- If using a barbeque, freeze the burgers for a maximum of 15 minutes before grilling, otherwise let rest for 15 minutes before sprinkling the surfaces with salt before adding to a sun hot pan.
- This is the important bit: LEAVE THEM ALONE for 3-5 minutes so they get a good crust to seal in the juices.
- Flip and again LEAVE THEM ALONE for 5 minutes.
- Cook for a further 3-5 minutes on either side or put them into the oven after you have seared them to make sure they are fully cooked.
I hope you give these burgers a try i sometimes like to add a little dried rosemary in for an extra savoury kick.
Love Emily x