Good for chip dippin’! Good as a base of a quick curry. Ultra comforting with a good balance of flavours this is my version of the chip shop curry sauce.
1 medium onion
1 large carrot
1tsp each ground ginger and garlic
2 tbsp tomato puree
1tbsp curry powder (i usually use mild)
200ml chicken or veggie stock
1 tsp garam masala
pinch of cinnamon
3 crushed cardamom pods (or pinch of ground cardamom)
salt, sweetener and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot add some cooking spray and cook your vegetables on a low heat until the onion starts to soften. (just give them a rough chop, it doesn’t have to be perfect as we are blending!)
- Add your herbs and spices and stir fry for 3-5 minutes adding a little water if you need to, to help cook out the spices.
- Stir through the tomato puree then add your stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft then remove from the heat and blend or use an immersion blender.
- Taste and add sweetener or more seasoning to your liking, then cook for a further 15 minutes on low heat (uncovered so it can reduce)
Once cooled you can keep in the fridge for 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Love Emily x