Sometimes children need a little persuasion to eat vegetables. What better way than to make a home-made, vegetable sauce?
1 large onion, carrot, celery stick (finely chopped or food processed)
2 tins tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
half tin (tomato tin emptied) water
3 tsp Schwartz garlic italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
500g extra lean mince or quorn
- In a large pot add some cooking spray and all your chopped veggies (minus the tins and puree) and stir fry until they start to soften.
- Add your garlic italian seasoning and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir every so often over a period of 10 minutes.
- Add in your tomato puree and stir through the vegetables and cook out for 10 minutes before adding your tinned tomatoes and water.
- Remove from the heat, blend and add back to the heat cooking on a low heat until the sauce thickens slightly. (you could at this moments add a tin of mixed beans and small cut pasta to make a filling soup)
- fry off your mince and add it into your sauce.
A simple dish but full of flavour and a good way to get your veggies in there.
Love Emily x