I am all about recreating your favourite restaurant recipes at home so here is a famous spicy rice from a very famous chicken restaurant. It is so much easier now you can buy their sauces in supermarkets! This Rice is brilliant because you can use your preferred sauce.
1 small red and green pepper (finely diced)
1 small white onion (finely diced)
1 grated clove garlic
2 tbsp your favourite nandos sauce (for this rice i usually use lemon and herb marinade as it has more of a kick than the sauce but isn’t so spicy that my younger sisters can’t eat it!)
1 mug of rice
1 & 1/2 (of the same mug of the rice) mug water
1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- Spray a medium pan with cooking spray and add your onion and peppers and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and cook until the peppers and onions soften.
- Add the garlic and nandos sauce with a splash of water and cook out for 5 minutes.
- Stir through your rice so that it gets coated in the saucy goodness.
- Add your water and chicken stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Let boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, cover the rice and leave for 20 minutes stirring at the 10 minute point to help it fluff up.
This rice will keep in the fridge (if it lasts that long) for up to 5 days. If you reheat make sure it is absolutely piping hot! (minimum 75 oC)
Love, Emily x