You could easily eat these for breakfast with some fried mushrooms and baked beans for a filling SP friendly breakfast, this is also brilliant as a snack, or on a salad for lunch or dinner. This is the type of food i love, the any time of day food! I hope you guys give these a try as they are really delicious and hit the spot, especially when warm with some cracked black pepper.
this makes 4 good sized scotch eggs.
5 large free range eggs.
500g extra lean pork mince.
1 tsp dried sage.
1/2 tsp salt and black pepper and garlic granules.
- Par boil the eggs, you want to boil them for 7 minutes make sure the water is boiling! (add a pinch of baking powder to the water to make the eggs easier to peel), when the 7 minutes is up plunge into a bowl if ice water and prepare for the next step.
- Preheat the oven to 170 oC.
- Mix the pork with the 5th egg, sage, salt, garlic and pepper and mix really well and set aside to rest.
- Peel the eggs carefully.
- split the mince into 4 and carefully mold around the eggs.
- Bake in the oven until lightly golden (around 15 minutes)
Once cooled these will keep in the fridge for 4 days.
Love Emily x