Delicious cooked and chilled as a snack in a fridge, through rice or on salad or as a tray bake one pan roast dinner. My family can’t get enough of this chicken as it tastes just like the rotisserie stuff you get hot from the supermarket, and honestly that stuff is one of my guilty pleasures especially on a salad or through a good veggie rice! (this is also very child friendly)
1/2 whole little bottle of maggi seasoning sauce (about 2 tablespoons, comes in a little brown bottle with a yellow lid and label and has this utterly unique flavour that is unmistakably umami and full of flavour)
1/2 tsp garlic granules, black pepper and salt.
750g chicken (this will also work on a small or medium whole chicken (which is best spatchcocked)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Mix together the maggi sauce with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Massage into the meat and let sit for as long as possible. minimum really is 30 minutes.
- Put into a foil lined baking tray and pour over any remaining marinade.
- Bake for 40 minutes if using chicken pieces, if using a spatch cocked chicken for 1 hour and a whole chicken around 1 and a half hours.
- Remember to let the chicken rest for half the time that you cooked it for, cover with foil then a towel while you rest it to keep it warm.
Now if you are doing this as a tray bake dinner you want a fist sized potato per person, chop into 3 and place under the chicken with 4 quarted onions and a packet of topped and tailed green beans, they will cook in the same time as the chicken.
Love Emily x