For me a Spanish omelette has to be packed full of potatoes and onions and is pretty much a meal within itself but it is also fabulous as a side to a full English breakfast. So it is under both light bites and sides and dinners! It is just as good when kept in the fridge and keeps well for 5 days. A cheap, cheerful and easy dish!
serves 4-8 (depending on how you serve)
500g potatoes sliced relatively thickly
2 large onions halved and sliced in 2 cm rings.
6 large, preferably free range eggs
salt and pepper (this is also nice with a generous pinch of thyme leaves but is optional)
You could always top the omelette with cheese before chucking under the grill.
- In a frying pan get it nice and hot and add the onion.
- meanwhile cover the potatoes in a bowl with clingfilm and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add to the pan with the onion and stir fry until the potatoes start to crisp
- Add the eggs to a jug with the salt and pepper and herbs if you chose to use them.
- Get the grill hot and pour the egg into the frying pan with onion and potato, let sit for a couple of minutes before putting under the grill until it starts to turn golden brown.
Nice served with a side of salad or with beans for breakfast.. Please send me your feedback!
Love Emily x